Tuesday 23 April 2013

Granny ripple Ta daaah!


Some early followers of my blog, and I mean REALLY early followers, may remember me talking about  starting this blanket ages and ages and ages ago. It's so long ago that I cannot find the original post. I've been making it on and off for well over a year. And the good news is: It's done! Finished! 
This is a really easy pattern and goes very quickly (believe it or not). The reason I took so long was that I've been sidetracked by lots of other little projects, but if I'd worked solely on the blanket it would have probably taken me three months at most. Anyway, it's now finished and has gone to its new owner. I made it with Schachenmayr nomotta Bravo yarn, it's 100% acrylic but very soft and not at all scratchy. 
I took the photo on the stairs because it was the easiest way to see the whole blanket but the blanket is single bed size. And please ignore that loose thread. I did weave it shortly after taking the pic.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful blanket Aisha! I rembember, when you was talking about this project for the first time. The colours are great, I love all of them.
    Have a happy day! xxBarbina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you. Barbina, you have a good memory! Hope you have a great day xxx

    ReplyDelete