Sunday 20 February 2011

Shopping and crochet, what more could a girl want?

I forgot to tell you about the goodies I bought while I was in the UK. I went to Hobbycraft and it was wonderful! I had to restrain myself from buying everything in the shop - especially the beautiful organic wool at over £5 a ball. It's not that I didn't want to buy it. And I could afford it, really. It's just that I knew if I bought it I wouldn't know what to do with it and I'd be afraid of wasting it. Also, my yarn stock is still rather large and I have promised myself to try to use up everything I have before buying any more. But I have a confession to make... I just COULDN'T resist this:



It's not organic but it is wool. And I just loved the mix of colours. It wasn't expensive either, at £2.99 a ball. I only bought two, then as soon as I got home I wished I'd bought more, but of course by then it was too late and I didn't have time to go back again. Now the question is, what shall I make with it? I don't want to make an amigurumi with it, I was thinking baby hat (my friend recently had a baby boy) but I've still not decided yet. Any ideas?

In Hobbycraft I also stocked up on felt.

Aren't the colours lovely and bright? I do know what I'm going to make with this - some more felt purses and some more owls. At home in France my felt stock had been seriously depleted after my mega-production of owls at the end of last year, so it's nice to have some more and in some beautiful colours too. There are several shades of pink, blue and green, and I'm really looking forward to getting crafting. I also invested in some nice sharp craft scissors that will be very useful and a lot more precise than the nail scissors I've been using up to now to cut my felt. It will be great to be able to make smaller and more detailed shapes and I've already got lots of ideas.

Another thing I started in the UK and have since finished is these wrist warmers. My friend Maria had lent me her wrist warmers one day when it was really cold outside and I wasn't feeling very well, and they were so comforting! I decided to make some myself and here's what I came up with:



They are very simple to make, but I'll put the pattern on a new post so that I can add it to my "Free patterns" list. Did you notice I've added a free patterns and a recipe list just to the right? I'm always happy to receive any comments on how to improve the blog, so if you have any ideas, don't hesitate to tell me.

And last but not least, I've made a tiny little kitty! My original idea was to make a 10-minute teddy, but the ears came our rather pointed, and it took me more than 10 minutes to make. I decided to add a nice long tail, so instead of a 10-minute teddy I'm pleased to introduce you to the quarter-hour kitty! Please let me know if you're interested in the pattern and I'll try to write it down so little kitty can have some new friends.


Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Would love this pattern. My granddaughters love to carry little babies, dogs, and bears in their pockets and in their treasure boxes. I think they would love a kitty too. Thank you.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie, I'll get my hook and yarn out again and write everything down for little kitty's sister(s)!
    Might take me a day or two, but I'll be as quick as I can :-)

    ReplyDelete